Marcy brand has got all kinds of gym equipment whether it be for home or for fitness clubs.
These include the machines from beginner to intermediate to advanced level so the user can have the best of experience at their ease.
Marcy SM-4008 Combo Smith Machine is an all in one home gym which has got many features with accessories in the package.
This model is smaller but similar to Marcy Diamond Elite MD-9010G. The assembled dimensions of SM-4008 are 98” length, 59” width and 82” height.Check Price on Amazon
Marcy SM 4008 Combo Smith Machine Review
Warranty: 2 years
Maximum weight for press bar: 300 lbs (136 kg)
Maximum user weight (for bench): 300 lbs (136 kg)
Maximum weight on cross-over, lat pull: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)
Maximum weight on leg developer: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Possible exercises: 100 +
Compatible weight plates: Olympic & standard
Assembled weight: 279 lbs (126.5 kg)
Assembled dimensions: 98L x 59W x 82H inches (249L x 150W x 208H cm)
Construction of Frame and Parts
Marcy SM-4008 Combo Smith Machine has excellent stability and sturdiness as its frame is made from 14 gauge of square steel tubing.
Its assembled weight is 279 lbs which are heavy enough to handle the rough workouts.
Though it has no holes for anchoring the machine is already heavy so it won’t move while exercising. The above mentioned assembled dimensions of the machine tell that it is a large home gym.
Therefore, it should be put in a place with a large space so that 2 feet of clearance space is provided all around it to have the best experience of workout and prevent any damages.
The package does not come with any kind of weights. So they are needed to be bought separately. Though, it comes with few of the accessories which are as follows:
- Triceps rope x1
- V bar x1
- Chain link x1
- Handle grip x2
- Ankle strap x1
- Shiver bar x1
Marcy SM-4008 Combo Smith Machine has 6 workout stations that offer 100+ exercises. All the exercises cover the entire body and let the user enjoy the daily workout just at the ease of their home.
- Pec Fly Station- this station involves the movement of arms and elbows with the rear weight bar. So this allows focussing on the growth of the pectoral muscles.
- High Crossover Station- this station helps to do the crossover exercises by the set of two high pulleys. In order to perform the lat pulldowns, the user needs to buy the lat bar accessory separately.
- Low Pulley Station- these stations allow the exercises such as seated rows, abductions or one-legged curls.
- Chest Press Station- this station involves the Smith machine and bar so that the user is able to exercises related to chest.
- Pull Up Station- this part is on top of the machine. There are no rubber grips on this, this allows to perform pull-up exercises.
- Leg Developer- this station is present on the bench of the machine. It helps to do the exercises of leg curls and extensions.
The possibles exercises this Combo Smith Machine can offer are illustrated on the brochure that comes with the package. Few of the exercises are mentioned down below;
- Lying biceps curls
- Triceps extensions
- Close-grip pulldowns
- Cables crunches
- Seated trunk rotations
- Back flies
- Prone reverse flies
- Back presses
- Lat pulldowns
- Kneeling rowing
- Chest presses
- Chest flies
- Twisted crunches
- Calf raises
- His extensions
- Shoulder presses
- Deltoid raises with leg curls
- Upright rows
- Lateral arm pulls
- Square steel frame with excellent stability and sturdiness
- 6 workout stations with 100+ exercises covering the entire body
- The bench offers 4 positions, it can also be removed to perform the few of the exercises without it
- The pulleys and cables offer smooth workouts
- Storage for the weight plates are available
- It is compatible with Olympic and Standard weight plates as well
- Few of the accessories are included in the package
- Easy to use
- The weights plates are needed to be bought separately
- The Olympic bar is 20 lbs lighter than usual
- Quite bulky
Assembly and Maintenance
Like just any other Smith Machine, Marcy SM-4008 Combo Smith Machine comes with many parts, so it is recommended to assemble it with another pair of hands.
The package includes the manual but it would still take several hours as there are quite a few parts.
Keeping is the mind that this machine is bulky and heavy in weight, the user needs to assemble it in a room where the exercises will be performed, as after getting in together it will not be able to move.
As for the maintenance is concerned, all this machine needs periodically is that the user must grease the pulleys, cables, parts, and bolts so that they don’t loosen up and don’t make any squeaky noises.
Marcy SM-4008 Combo Smith Machine is a versatile home gym as it offers more than 100 exercises with 6 workout stations.
It is quite heavy and bulky in terms of weight, so there should be no problem while working out.
It also brings a few of the accessories to perform with more ease. As this machine is quite heavy, it can handle weight up to 300 lbs. All in all, this machine offers great for the price it comes with.Check Price on Amazon
Meet Sam, the ingenious mastermind behind OneCrack.com. With an insatiable curiosity and a knack for unraveling even the most perplexing conundrums, Sam is your go-to guru for all things home, kitchen, technology, gadgets, food, and travel. As a self-proclaimed fixer-upper, Sam thrives on transforming ordinary into extraordinary, whether it’s breathing new life into a broken appliance or concocting the ultimate travel itinerary. Discover a treasure trove of practical tips, tricks, and guides designed to make life a little easier, one crack at a time. Join Sam on this exciting journey, and let the adventures begin!