Anti-Theft Backpacks have become a crucial item for travelers!
Do you know why?
Let me explain:
A thug standing right behind you just works his way inside your bag with something as pathetic as a razor blade and gets everything out.
People who do not want to end up in such a situation always skip common backpacks for anti-theft backpacks.
And this is what this guide is all about.
Not only you will get to find the best anti-theft backpacks in this guide, but you will also learn the most important characteristics of anti-theft backpacks.
You will learn what to look for when buying theft-proof backpacks and what kind of protection different types of anti-theft backpacks provide.
- Best Anti-theft Backpacks for Travel [2017,2018,2019 & 2020]
- Korin Design ClickPack Pro RECOMMENDED
- XD Design Bobby Anti Theft Backpack 2017
- Oscaurt Anti Theft Travel Backpack 2018
- Pacsafe Metrosafe LS450 Anti Theft Backpack 2019
- Travelon Anti Theft Backpack 2020
- KOPACK Anti Theft Travel Backpack
- Tigernu Business Laptop Travel Backpack
- Kensington’s SecureTrek Anti Theft Travel Backpack
- Matein Travel & Business Anti Theft Travel Backpack
- Hanke Anti Theft Travel Backpack
- Where I Rank These Anti Theft Backpacks 2017,2018,2019 & 2020
- Criteria for Rating Anti Theft Backpacks for Travel 2017,2018,2019 & 2020
- What you can/cannot expect from Security Travel Backpacks?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Posts:
Best Anti-theft Backpacks for Travel [2017,2018,2019 & 2020]
Lo and behold, no more waiting, here’s the ultimate list of the backpacks that captured the market in or before 2019 and they will retain it in 2020.
Take a look at the ten best anti-theft backpacks that you can choose from.
Korin Design ClickPack Pro RECOMMENDED
This is perhaps these best anti theft backpack with a whole new approach to what might be an anti theft or at least theft-resistant backpack.
Do people only love it or there are haters too? Well, there are haters because the design of this backpack is not perfect.
It is big, but the makers are so bent on an organization that it does not have space for a little something extra e.g. your shoes or your volleyball and the handle is not so sturdy.
But I love this backpack because of innovation and because they over-delivered and added something that not even Bobby “the most famous cut-proof travel bag” does not have.
Care to know all the good and bad traits of this backpack? Here you go.
- TSA Approved Zip-Lock
- YKK Double Layer Stab-Proof Zipper
- Slash-Proof Upper Layer
- Retractable Metal Wire Lock
- Handle Loses Its Loft and Thickness
- Not Much Room Except for the Items that Korin Design Considered Important
- Too Expensive
XD Design Bobby Anti Theft Backpack 2017
I’ve already talked enough about Bobby and perhaps you think that Bobby is inferior to ClickPack Pro.
Let me say it:
This is more like a matter of personal preferences.
Let us not forget that Bobby is the pioneer in this field and not only ClickPack Pro followed the external and internal design patterns of Bobby, but many other manufacturers also followed the same road
The major problem that people had with Bobby was that it did not have any padlock and wire-lock – XD Design people added this option as well and with one padlock with a metal wire, you can lock your backpack on anything that you like.
Here are all the pros and cons.
- Now Comes with TSA Safety Padlock/Wire-Lock Feature
- Adjustable Open Angles to Load Maximum Items
- Cut-Proof Material
- Hidden Pockets & Zipper – Only Accessible from Backpack’s Backside
- Not as Theft-Proof as ClickPack Pro
- Material not as Theft-Resistant as ClickPack Pro’s
Oscaurt Anti Theft Travel Backpack 2018
Here’s this thing about anti theft backpacks that has started to bore me.
All of them now follow in the footsteps of either Bobby or ClickPack Pro. At least most of them follow the same design and the same as in the case of Oscaurt anti-theft backpack.
Do not let this come in your way.
Because this backpack has been bought by over 700 people (on Amazon) and it proudly shows-off that “Amazon’s Choice” tag that only good products win.
It is definitely not cut or stab-proof and but it is still great value for the price considering that it boasts a hidden zipper design that definitely keeps thieves at the bay.
Take a look at the pros and cons of this bag and see if it is for you or not.
- Main Hidden Pocket & Hidden Zipper Anti Theft Design
- 180 Degrees’ Adjustable Opening
- Very Functional Side Pockets for Umbrella or Water Bottle
- Compartments for Best Organization
- Charging Port is not much durable
- Lacks almost all Anti Theft Features except Hidden Zippers
Pacsafe Metrosafe LS450 Anti Theft Backpack 2019
Pacsafe’s Metrosafe LS450 backpack comes with some unique security features that you cannot find in other backpacks.
While ClickPack Pro or Bobby or other similar backpacks are just as secure as this backpack is, the security style and functions of this laptop are not similar to any of them.
Bobby and ClickPack Pro have slash-proof material that is stronger than Kevlar, but makers of Metrosafe found it expensive and they came up with their own ingenious solution.
They made the pack with standard material, but they used stainless steel, lightweight mesh named eXomesh.
This slash guard is lightweight and still strong enough to counter any attempt to cut the material and steal your valuables.
It is flexible and so light that you cannot easily feel it, but it is built into each vulnerable side and corner of the pack.
Here are all the details.
- Quick Access Front Pocket for Stationery
- Unique Protection Features
- RFID Protection
- Roomier than many other Backpacks
- No Hidden Pockets
- The pack is too big for Small and Average Height People
Travelon Anti Theft Backpack 2020
Travelon is just another affordable and yet armed to the teeth anti theft backpack. The reason why I chose to discuss this backpack right after Metrosafe LS450 is the similarity between the anti theft system that both of these backpacks used.
Just like Metrosafe LS450:
Travelon also uses stainless steel mesh and other protection systems.
This does not mean that this smart and small EDC anti-theft travel backpack does not have its own unique features.
To start with:
It has a big and strong side pocket to hold tight on your umbrella or water bottle and the pocket on the other side is good for cheap EDC items e.g. travel tower, cap, hat or similar other items.
- Innovative Anti Theft Setup
- 3 Exterior Pockets
- RFID Protection
- Enough Room for its Size
- More like an EDC or Survival Bag
- Zipper Clasps tend to break
KOPACK Anti Theft Travel Backpack
KOPACK theft-proof backpack is designed in the same way as Bobby and many other backpacks that followed in the footsteps of Booby.
It does not have a trendy number lock, but its 100% fool-proof design makes it impossible for the thieves to find the zipper, let alone open it and steal your valuable.
In terms of top-notch anti theft features, this bag does not have to offer much but a somewhat slash-resistant material, hidden pocket on the backside and hidden zipper.
This is almost exactly what Bobby offers you; the older versions of Booby did not come with TSA security wire lock that the recent version included (just to compete with Korin Design’s much safer backpack).
If locking your backpack on a secure fixture is not your thing, you rather like to keep it with you always, you should go with this backpack.
It’ll cost you roughly one third the price of ClickPack Pro and yet it is good enough to protect your personal belongings.
- Hidden Zipper & Pockets
- 90-180 Degrees’ Opening Angle
- Slash and Water-Proof Material
- Thick Padding on Back, Shoulders and in Laptop Slot
- Poor Quality Stitching
- Poor Quality Zippers
Tigernu Business Laptop Travel Backpack
Tigernu is a big name in anti theft professional backpack industry.
It is definitely not as big or famous as Bobby or ClickPack Pro, but it is definitely a very well-known manufacturer of good quality theft-proof backpacks.
Tigernu is the ultimate slap in the face of those who believed that traditional anti theft travel backpacks don’t have the space needed for everyday professional or academic life.
The capacity of this backpack is 22 liters and with plenty of compartments and pockets, this is the perfect anti theft professional and a business backpack that you need to pack motherlode of gadgets, books, stationery, items of personal use and definite clothing for one night.
It is on the sweet spot of professional backpacks and one-night travel backpacks.
So, for all of you who complain about business backpacks with less space and zero pockets on the outside, this is exactly what you need.
Here’s the detail about all the pros and cons of this product.
- Large Exterior Pockets
- Water Resistant Material
- Big Hidden Pocket on Backside to Accommodate a Tablet
- Lockable Double Layer Zipper
- Clumsy Zippers
- Seams are likely to come out
Kensington’s SecureTrek Anti Theft Travel Backpack
Who wants a big and beefy anti theft travel backpack that would even accommodate a big 17” laptop?
I know that many folks with 17” laptops hate most of the anti theft travel backpacks because those are too small and thin to house a big laptop.
But this one does. It has two big and bulky compartments. Both can be zip-closed and both can be locked with the SecureTrek patent-pending Lock Base.
This lock base does not lock the zippers on its own – with this you have to use a TSA approved number lock or a padlock, and you can use the steel wire to lock the bag on an immovable object like a pole.
While locking system is innovative and you won’t see it on any other lock, this is not complete and depends on locking mechanism that you will have to buy separately.
Here: take a look at the most important pros and cons.
- SecureTrek Lock Base System to Lock 4 Zipper Pulls and Wirelock the Backpack
- Two big and beefy compartments to pack everything for a 2day trip
- Anti-Puncture Device Compartment Zipper
- Fully Padded Shoulder Straps, Back and Device Sleeves
- The material on the outside is not much sturdy
- Seams tend to come out
Matein Travel & Business Anti Theft Travel Backpack
If you would like to buy two compartments and one big front pocket travel and a work laptop that is also recommended by Amazon (‘Amazon’s Choice’ tag) then Matein anti theft travel backpack is absolutely for you.
It fits a 15.6” laptop and it has decent mesh pockets on both sides to keep a water bottle and umbrella handy.
The pockets are galore and organizing small to big stuff is very easy. Take the big front pocket as an example, it has a tight front pocket as well that can easily house today’s newspaper, your favorite magazine or stationery.
The big front pocket has device organizer design inside – dedicate sleeves for everything, including a pen.
Take a look at all the pros and cons here.
- The Best Storage Backpack – Compartments for Everything
- Water Resistant and Durable Material
- Anti Theft Pocket on Backside
- Adjustable and Breathable on Backside
- Zero Anti Theft Features Except for a Hidden Pocket
- Lousy Stitching
Hanke Anti Theft Travel Backpack
Hanke is one of those anti theft travel backpacks that are leaning more towards a very basic anti theft design without any locks, wires and steel wires in shoulder straps, etc.
Just like an early version of Bobby:
This is the reason why Hanke is one of the most affordable backpacks on this list. This sort of design seems to be impressed by the ultralight movement from hiking backpacks and gear.
Minimalism with security is the key to understand this backpack and others like it. However, it does not mean that there is a complete lack of security features.
Read this part and you will get why Hanke is just another perfect theft-resistant backpack for those who like a mix of security and affordable price.
- Level 4 Water-Resistant Polyester Fabric
- Hidden Zipper and 2 Hidden Pockets
- Two Side Pockets for Umbrella and Water Bottle
- Thick Padding in Laptop Compartment
- Poor Stitching and Seams
- Straps are Likely to Break
Where I Rank These Anti Theft Backpacks 2017,2018,2019 & 2020
Do you remember that we set criteria at the beginning of this post? Based on that criteria we made a table (after through search) and you can take a look at this table, see where each of the stands and choose the one you like the most.
Based on our understanding and these criteria, here are the top 3 anti theft travel backpacks of 2020.
Best 1: ClickPack Pro : because of innovative protective features
Best 2: Bobby :because of being a pioneer of the hidden zipper and hidden pocket style
Best 3: Metrosafe LS450 :because of innovating its own set of protective gimmicks + shoulder strap protection
I must say that a few other backpacks also impressed me, but this is the best 3 that I could choose.
Criteria for Rating Anti Theft Backpacks for Travel 2017,2018,2019 & 2020
Before I go about reviewing and rating each of the backpacks on this list, you need to know how I rate them and what are the most important characteristics of an anti theft travel backpack.
Each and every one of them does not necessarily have to be a tech backpack; actually, the most famous and best smart backpacks are not rich in tech – they just have some good anti theft features.
Here we will take a look at them:
You must know that almost all backpack manufacturers use materials like Cordura, rip-stop nylon and polyurethane-coated nylon or polyester to make their packs more rip and tear-resistant and water-resistant.
Most of you do not know that backpacks like Bobby and others use a special type of slash-proof material to ensure that no one would be able to cut, rip or tear open your backpack.
Cut-Tex is one of those slash-proof materials that they use in such bags and if you’ve been researching about your dream theft-proof backpack you must have heard of Kevlar fabrics, that’s a fabric made the same way Kevlar bullet-proof jackets are made.
- Theft Proof Design
It depends on why a backpack manufacturer company calls its backpacks “theft-proof”. When it comes to the best of them, the term “theft-proof” means slash, tear and stab-proof material, hidden zippers or locked zippers and hidden pockets etc.
Most of them do not have material like Kevlar Fabric, and others would not have a TSA approved ziplock.
Most of them call their backpack theft proof only because the zipper is not on the open side, but the side that hugs your back. This way, no one can open the zipper without disturbing you and this means zero chance, unless that someone has a razor blade.
Then there comes a variety of backpacks that only have hidden pockets, but they are so small that you can hardly hide a tablet, a passport, a wallet or similar items.
I know that most of the anti theft travel backpacks do not have much tech, but some of them have an integrated power-bank or solar panel, and all of them, at least most of them, have USB charging ports and headphone ports.
If you want to have a water-resistant backpack with tech features, make sure you at least get these two ports.
- Number of Compartments
We know that after Bobby almost all travel backpacks for men started to have the almost same design. The bag opens up wide and there is either one big section with laptop and tablet pocket and a gadget organizer on the inner side of the face of your backpack.
Or there are those that have two sections – one for gadgets and books, etc. and one for the items of personal use e.g. clothing, ditty bag and shoes, etc.
Before you click that “Add to Cart” button, make sure that you have the number of compartments that you want.
Add pockets to this too. The number of pockets depends on your personal choice and requirements.
- Hidden Pockets and RFID Protection
Why I combined them both in one heading? Well, it is because they do the same job; they protect your information, data and little gadgets from would-be thieves.
The RFID blocker pocket or pouch that not all, but some bags come with, protect your ATM cards and credit card’s data from being stolen and used.
These RFID blocker pockets or pouches save you just as much money as you can imagine because if some smart tech-savvy thief manages to steal all important data encoded in smart labels, through radio waves, they can buy whatever they want and make you pay until you die.
As of hidden pockets? Well, they are mostly designed in the pack padding of the backpacks and not only no one can get access to them without fighting with you, but they’re almost invisible too.
- Size of Laptop
Most of the professional backpacks are designed to host a 15.6” standard size laptop. However, you can easily find those which have enough space for a 17” laptop or which are too smart that they are made only for your 12” to 14” notebook laptops.
You have to be sure about the size of your laptop and see if an everyday backpack, that you like, has enough space for your laptop.
- The volume of the Backpack
Whether you go for the best smart backpack in the market or the bulky one with two compartments, always be sure about the volume of the backpack.
Backpacks are not measured in size because a 32” big hiking backpack can be so narrow that it will hardly have all your essentials.
This is why when you go for buying a backpack you see that these are defined in liters. 15 liters, 30 liters, 50 liters … so on and so forth.
Ideally, a daypack – that professionals use for everyday purposes, should be anywhere from 15 liters to 35 liters maximum.
What you can/cannot expect from Security Travel Backpacks?
This is an important question, and before we jump to the part where we will dissect each and every of the best 10 v travel backpacks and get to know their nitty-gritty, it is the time to get your expectations straight and tell you what you may and what you may not expect from these bags.
Here is what you may expect from your anti theft travel backpacks:
- TSA approved zip-lock to keep your zips protected against a hand lurking behind you in the darkness of a jam-packed metro.
- Retractable wire lock to make sure that no one will be able to remove it from where you wire-locked it.
- Double zipper from YKK that will protect your bag’s zippers from stab that normal zippers cannot stand.
- Hidden pockets and RFID blocking pockets or pouches to conceal and protect your data, your gadgets and important documents.
- Slash-resistant fabric that will stand stabbing, slashing and other such attempts.
- Waterproof fabric or waterproof covers to protect your valuables from water.
- The USB port and headphone port + in some cases an integrated power-bank or solar panel.
- Different compartments, gadget organizers and pockets to organize your stuff
Alright, here is what you may not expect from even the best security backpacks – at least from those that are readily available at Amazon.
- Too much tech e.g. synchronize it with some app to keep yours from forgetting items that you always keep in your bag. Such business backpacks have already been made, but they are subject to trials and funding. They are not available on a reputable and customer-friendly website like Amazon.
- Some sort of theft alarm – no, it is not a car and as I have explained in the previous point, too much tech-savvy bags are still under trials or they lack funding and thus they are not available for sale.
- Some smart mechanism to bring the entire bag from your back to front by pulling a string. Sounds funny? Well, such a bag is already waiting for enough funding and concept it cute because every time having to remove the back just to get an energy bar out is not a great deal. But these things are not on the market yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, I know. You have questions! Here are the answers to most frequently asked questions about professional and theft-proof backpacks.
Meet Sam, the ingenious mastermind behind OneCrack.com. With an insatiable curiosity and a knack for unraveling even the most perplexing conundrums, Sam is your go-to guru for all things home, kitchen, technology, gadgets, food, and travel. As a self-proclaimed fixer-upper, Sam thrives on transforming ordinary into extraordinary, whether it’s breathing new life into a broken appliance or concocting the ultimate travel itinerary. Discover a treasure trove of practical tips, tricks, and guides designed to make life a little easier, one crack at a time. Join Sam on this exciting journey, and let the adventures begin!